If you replace the Auto-registration mark sensor or the main board on your FC-8000 (Q24, 30, 42, 54, 64) you need to adjust the sensitivity.
How to Adjust the Auto-Registration Mark Sensor Sensitivity
- Enter the adjustment menu.
- Turn on the power while pressing the FAST and ENTER keys; or after turning on the power, press the FAST key and the ENTER key simultaneously within 2 seconds.
- Load a sheet of paper in the plotter
- The plotter displays the menu shown below.
- Press the MENU key to display the menu shown below.
- Press the Right Position key to display the adjustment menu shown below.
- Load an A2 or larger size sheet of paper in the plotter. The paper color must be white, and it is recommended that high-quality paper made for ink-jet printers be used.
- Press the UP arrow or Down arrow key until the menu shown below is displayed.
- Press the F4 key to display the menu shown below.
- Press the F2 key to draw the cross pattern.
- Use the ARROW keys to move the pen to an open area to adjust the registration mark sensor gain.
- Press the ENTER key to start the registration mark sensor gain adjustment. The plotter immediately adjusts the registration mark sensor gain automatically. The plotter displays the menu shown below. Confirm that the output level is between 50% to 60%.
- Press the ENTER key to store the setting.
- Turn off the power to exit from the adjustment menu.