ADDING ROGUE TO LXI
New Software Key
Customers who are installing a new LXi license will only need to download the USB drivers folder and follow the instructions in the User Manual to install the USB driver.
- DOWNLOAD THE DRIVER FOR YOUR VINYL EXPRESS ROGUE CUTTER HERE.
- DOWNLOAD THE MANUAL FOR YOUR VINYL EXPRESS ROGUE CUTTER HERE.
- Turn on your Rogue cutter. Do not connect it to your PC just yet. Press the Menu button on the Control Panel
- Press the up or down arrow key to set the display as VirtualCOM: N, Printer: Y. This puts the cutter in USB
printer mode (FIG 1).
- Download the driver above. A pop up may come up asking you to Open, Save, or Save As. Select Save As, and save it to your desktop. Otherwise select Save, go into your Downloads folder, and you will see a zipped folder called Cut Plotter PrinterDriver with three sub-folders: Win7_64, Win32 and Win64. Select the one that matches your computer’s operating system.
- Right click on the folder and select Extract All (as seen above). This is important. If you simply double-click on the folder, the driver may not get installed correctly.
- After you Clicked Extract all you will see a Pop Up “Extract Compressed (Zipped) Folders. Click Extract. You will see the Cutting Plotter’s Virtual Printer Driver folder again. Double Click to see the three sub-folders: Win7_64, Win32 and Win64. Select the one that matched your computer’s operating system, Right-Click and then Run as Administrator.
- Then install the driver (Fig 2). It takes just a few seconds. You will see a pop-up window indicating that the driver is installed.
- Connect your Rogue to your PC using the provided USB cable.
- Open your Windows Devices and Printers window. You will see the Rogue has been installed as “Printer for USB001”. If there is no USB port specified, open Device Manager. You can right click “My Computer” then click “Management”, then “Device Management”, or in Windows 10, type Device Manager in the search window.
- Right-click on USB Printing Support. Then click “Properties” Find the Printer for USB, right-click on it to see the USB port. The default is USB_Printer_0
- This is the port setting you will use in the LXI Add Setup window. Consult section 3.3.2 in the Rogue User Manual linked above, or click here to view the LXI installation video tutorial.
Customers who already have an LXI license, but without the ROGUE option in your setup will need to reinstall LXI to get the newest build of the software, including Rogue drivers. Click here for tips on reinstalling LXI.
Calibrating the ARMS Sensor
Your Vinyl Express Rogue cutter has a neat feature called contour-cutting. It includes a laser sensor and some high-tech internals that allow it to cut precise paths around the edges of your printed graphics. Sometimes the alignment of the cut path on the edge of the print needs a little fine-tuning.
There are two ways to do this. You can adjust it in the hardware – in the Rogue’s control panel – or in the LXI 12 software. Click here to download the step by step tutorial.
- DOWNLOAD THE CROSSMARK TEST PAGE FOR DIALING IN PRECISE ALIGNMENT OF ROGUE’S CONTOUR CUTTING FEATURE.
- WATCH VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS FOR SETTING UP AND OPERATING THE ROGUE CUTTER.